Dentistry personal statement is one of the requirements that you will need to fulfill when applying in a dental school as it is here where you can get to share more about yourself as an individual to the admissions panel. Personal statements medical school tend to be brief but they should be interesting and informative as well as support your resume. The trick to writing a great statement is to be able to convey to your reader that you have what it takes to belong to the dental school by stating your best assets as well as your experiences that makes you the ideal candidate.
What Your Dentistry Personal Statement Should be About
It’s not surprising that some would feel a little clueless as to what to write in their dental hygiene personal statement so here are a few pointers that you need to keep in mind when planning for your personal statement:
- Reason – State your reasons for wanting to pursue a degree in dentistry.
- Experiences – The admissions panel would like to know what experiences you’ve gained over the years that made you ready to become a dentist.
- Skills – Your personal statement should also reflect the skills and abilities that you have that qualify you as a dentist.
Tips to Writing Your Dental School Personal Statement
- Be Honest – When writing about your desire to study dentistry, you should explain how you came to the conclusion that this is the path for you. Dentistry may not be your ideal career when you were young but explaining what led you to take up dentistry should be included in your statement.
- Show Interest – Talk about what made you interested in pursuing a course in dentistry. Share your experiences or situations that made you want to become a dentist.
- Share Your Expertise – If you have specific skills that are related to dentistry, don’t forget to include them in your personal statement. Your skills can help strengthen your application since they will show how qualified you are for the program.
- Focus on Your Commitment – Are you committed to pursuing a degree in dentistry? Talk about how passionate you are in becoming a dentist and how you think you can help the community as well as the school.
- Overcoming Obstacles – Talk about the obstacles you’ve faced along the way as you pursue your desire to becoming a dentist and how you’ve overcome them.
Professional Dentist Personal Statement
Your med school personal statement plays a part on whether you will be accepted into the dentistry program or not which is why you need to give it your best. Keep in mind that the personal statement acts as a supporting statement for your resume so make sure that you highlight what makes you the best candidate for the program.
To make your dentistry personal statement really come out professionally, don’t hesitate to ask for feedback from your mentor or close family members. Their insights can help you revise your work until it is better and more impressive than before.
Make your personal statement by hiring our services today!
Image credit: http://www.personalstatementwriters.com/samples/residency-personal-statement-sample/