For many applicants, it is the personal statement that they dread the most because it is here where they will be scrutinized thoroughly. From the way they write and the way they put together their ideas, everything will be observed and used to gauge whether they have the skills, the determination, and the experience to be part of the pharmacy school. In short, this is a daunting task but one that can be easily overcome if you know how a great pharmacy school personal statement should be written.
What to Write in Pharmacy School Personal Statement
First things first, you need to talk about you. If you look for a pharmacy personal statement example online, you’ll find that it will usually reflect more about the applicant. Of course, when you talk about yourself you shouldn’t simply rehash what’s already written in your resume. You need to offer your readers something new that will give them more insight to who you are. You should also show how well you know the pharmacy program you are applying for. The best way to do this is to research the program so you will know all its aspects. Finally, include in your ophthalmology personal statement what makes you the best choice out of all the applicants. Show how you are unique and your qualifications as well.
Writing Tips for Personal Statement for Pharmacy School
- Brainstorm – Write down what makes you unique. Jot down your skills, your experiences, as well as your strengths. Since you can’t write everything in your personal statement, choose those that apply to the pharmacy program. The rest you can use during the interview.
- Write – Start writing your personal statement. Make sure that you follow a format so your readers can easily follow your writing. Just write the first draft so you can see which areas need to be removed or revised.
- Hook your readers – Since the admissions panel will be going through dozens of applications in a day, you need to capture their interest right from the start. To do this, you need to make your first sentence and paragraph interesting even at a glance.
- Explain – If you really want your readers to get to know you better, you need to explain what your skills and experiences are. Add details to your writing but make sure that they are related to your application and your resume.
- Proofread – Proofreading is part and parcel whenever you write. It is through proofreading where you get to spot inconsistencies and errors in your writing. Don’t forget to review your work once you are done to ensure that there won’t be any mistakes to ruin your statement.
Professional Personal Statement
Although writing the pharmacy school personal statement can be challenging, following the tips mentioned above can help you produce a well written statement to go along with your application. Adding personality while still keeping your paper professional can help make your readers interested in what you have to say. Don’t forget to highlight your best skills as well as experiences not to mention what makes you unique among the applicants when writing your personal statement.
Don’t hesitate to hire our writing service and we’ll show you how to write your personal statement like a pro!
Image credit: http://www.ehow.com/how_6494432_write-personal-statement-pharmacy-school.html