For those who are considering applying for medical school, you might want to take a look into Association of American Medical Colleges where you can get to send your applications to several medical institutions in one sitting. The AAMC medical school application is run through AMCAS which is a centralized application system designed for first year applicants only. Foreign students as well as those who are advanced in their studies should contact the schools personally to determine what steps they should take to get accepted into their school. You need to keep in mind that AMCAS is simply an application processing program and won’t be able to give you suggestions on what schools to look into if ever you are in an advanced level or a transfer from another country.
Steps to Take for AAMC Medical School Application
If you are pursuing a medical field through AAMC, the first order of business is for you to read the AMCAS manual first because it is here where you get to know the application process involved in AMCAS. Once you are fully aware on how the processing goes, you will need to create an account with AAMC first. You can use the same account for your AMCAS profile to expedite the application. Here are other steps that you need to take into account when applying for medical school through this program.
- Determine submission dates and deadlines. You need to determine first when applications are accepted in the program of your choosing as well as the closing date.
- Fill out the application form. Complete the application form online and submit it to AMCAS.
- Pay the fee. There will be a processing fee for your application which you need to pay first before proceeding to the next step.
- Certify your application. You will need to certify that all requirements that you have submitted are accurate before you submit them to AMCAS.
- Submit all requirements. Among the requirements that you need to hand in are your transcript of records, medical examinations, personal statement, and letters of recommendation just to name a few.
- Application verification. Once all requirements have been received, your application will be verified. This can take up to 6 weeks before your application status will be Ready for Viewing.
- Delivery of application. After all of your requirements have checked out, your application will be sent to medical schools that fall under your criteria. Any letters will be delivered the moment that they are received. Your MCAT scores will be delivered to medical schools as soon as they are made available.
Need Help from AAMC Medical School Application Services?
It is understandable that you will find completing your medical school application to be a bit daunting but this doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to get it done in time. There are application services that can help expedite the application process such as writing your medical school personal statement and your letters of recommendation. Of course, you will need to choose a professional writing service to deliver quality statements to go along with your application. It is important that you create an account with AAMC and AMCAS at the start because it is here where your application will be verified once all requirements have been uploaded. It is important that all information that you have used in your application is true or that you have changed them accordingly because it can affect the processing of your application which in turn can cause delays. Since you will only need to submit a single application, you will need to ensure that all documents pertaining to medical school are accurate and that they are on hand for verification purposes.
Get Expert Help
There is nothing wrong with seeking help when it comes to your AAMC medical school application because you want to increase your chances of getting accepted into a program of your choice. If you need help writing your statement, choose a professional writing service that can guarantee accurate content and delivered on time. These writers will create custom content for your statement which you can adjust based on your needs. You can also hire a proofreading service if needed to check your existing statement so that you will be able to submit a polished paper along with the rest of your requirements. It is important that you double check everything that you have sent through the AMCAS because it will have to be verified before you can send your applications to respective schools. Any errors that you may have committed will reflect poorly on you. Also, with our help, you can write psychiatry personal statement like a pro!