For those who want to become a midwife, you need to show in your midwifery personal statement why you are the best candidate for the program. Your resume is enough to give your reader an idea about your education background which is why your anesthesia personal statement should be about the skills and experiences that you have that are not mentioned in your resume. This is somewhat tricky for some especially to those who are not really sure on what to write in their statement. If you’re feeling a bit lost in your personal statement, you might want to read on.
Midwifery Personal Statement – What Should You Write?
Your personal statement for midwifery is one of the best places for you to stand out among the rest of the applicants. This is your opportunity to show your reader why you are qualified for the program. What should you write in your personal statement?
- What are your reasons for becoming a midwife? Your readers would like to know why you decided to take up midwifery. Write them down.
- How well do you know the tasks of a midwife? Applying as a midwife isn’t just about knowing how to help women give birth. There are other aspects to becoming a midwife too.
- Do you have what it takes to become a midwife? Write down your qualities as well as skills that make you a suitable candidate to become a midwife.
Focusing your personal statement to the questions mentioned above can help you in developing a personal statement that stands out.
Midwifery Personal Statement Help Tips
- Get straight to the point. It would be better if you get straight to the point when writing your personal statement so that your reader can immediately understand the message that you wish to convey.
- Stay focused. One of the most common mistakes when writing a personal statement is packing a lot of information in just a brief statement. What happens is that the information gets jumbled up in the process. Focus your writing on relevant information only.
- Give examples. The best way to show that you are qualified for the midwifery program is to provide examples of situations where your skills are best shown.
- Keep it short. Remember that the admissions panel has to go through several applications in a day. If you want them to remember you, keep your personal statement brief but interesting.
- Double check your work. It won’t do you any good if you submit a personal statement riddled with grammar and punctuation mistakes. Make it a point to double check your work.
Your Best Personal Statement
The best midwifery personal statement is one that conveys to the reader how well you know the midwifery program as well as show the various skills that you possess that are applicable to the program. Keep in mind that it is in your personal statement where you get to show your uniqueness so make sure that everything you write here counts.
Hire our writing service and get the best personal statement fast!
Image credit: http://www.gapmedics.co.uk/blog/2013/03/14/personal-statement-for-midwifery